What is the ALS Association?
The ALS Association is the only national not-for-profit voluntary health organization dedicated solely to the fight against amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (often called Lou Gehrig's disease). The mission of The ALS Association is to find a cure for and improve living with ALS.
The Greater San Diego Chapter is the 35th of 38 chapters nationwide.
Principle Activities of the Greater San Diego Chapter
- Patient Services including Support Groups, Equipment Loans, Physician Referrals, Reference Library, Resource Guidance, Van Transportation, and more.
- Advocacy & Public Policy Efforts both locally and nationally.
- Raising funds to enable research for the cure and improve the quality of living for individuals afflicted with ALS.
- Newsletters to keep the community informed and educated on the progress and current events occurring with medical research, governmental affairs and community services involving ALS.
- Raising public awareness by education efforts through the media and community involvement.
The Greater San Diego Chapter services the San Diego County & Imperial County area.
The Greater San Diego Chapter of The ALS Association is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors.