What is the ALS Association?
The ALS Association is the only national not-for-profit voluntary health organization dedicated solely to the fight against amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (often called Lou Gehrig's disease). The mission of The ALS Association is to find a cure for ALS and to improve the lives of those living with and affected by ALS.
The Greater San Diego Chapter is the 35th of 38 chapters nationwide.
Principle Activities of the Greater San Diego Chapter
- Patient Services including Support Groups, Equipment Loans, Physician Referrals, Reference Library, Resource Guidance, Van Transportation, and more.
- Advocacy & Public Policy Efforts both locally and nationally.
- Raising funds to enable research for the cure and improve the quality of living for individuals afflicted with ALS.
- Newsletters to keep the community informed and educated on the progress and current events occurring with medical research, governmental affairs and community services involving ALS.
- Raising public awareness by education efforts through the media and community involvement.
The Greater San Diego Chapter services the San Diego County & Imperial County area.
The Greater San Diego Chapter of The ALS Association is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors.